A Ride of Passage

From here to there and everywhere in between. So me and my brother are biking across America this summer and this is where the details will be.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Monday has come and gone and as is typical the doctor didn't have a slot for me on Monday. So....I went in to see him today(Wednesday) and after a little pushing, prodding, twisting, kneading, turning, pulling etc..... He thinks it might be a torn (or partially torn) ACL or Miniscus. So....thats something. He ordered an MRI (I know, these are a bunch of foreign acronyms for me too) so I will get that done tommorow (you know how hospital scheduling goes.) Due to the swelling in my andkle and foot he had the suspicion that I may have a blood clot in my ankle, which testing confirmed. So, I am on blood thinners for that for a couple days. Nothing major should be gone soon.

So that is where I am at. I will let you know the results of the MRI tommorow.

Nate rides on. Last we heard he is in or near Jackson, WY. Making pretty good time. He predicts that he will be in Nebraska and near Omaha in two weeks. What we heard from him was very vague due to a poor cell phone connection. So, that is about all we know. We hope to hear from him again here soon. I think he is doing well.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers. This has been kind of tough for us(my family, Nate and I) I appreciate the support. I love you guys.

peace,

matt (and nate, of Jackson, WY. fame)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home