A Ride of Passage

From here to there and everywhere in between. So me and my brother are biking across America this summer and this is where the details will be.

Friday, May 26, 2006

So....Doctor called this afternoon with the results of the MRI and said that I have a partially torn miniscus. (sound of a balloon deflating) So....what that means is that we can either have surgery (where they can either repair it or remove the torn tissue) or not (which would mean letting it heal as much as it can on its own, this would also mean that the rough edges of the tissue would still be there and may cause future injury. So....thats something. Decisions that I wasn't really looking forward to making. This has been tough, on both me and the family. I feel deflated. This isn't how this summer was supposed to turn out. I should still be out biking.

But I am not, for whatever reason. And in the past week of being home I think Ive come to the place of realizing that this is not the end of the world. I will live to see another day, I will live to see another bike ride...someday. It has made me more thankful for the health that I do have.

Deflated but not defeated. Keep praying for us.

peace,

matt

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Here's a link that offers a neat little video of arthroscopic surgery to the miniscus - FYI.
http://pain.healthcentersonline.com/arthritis/arthroscopy3.cfm
Matt, you're in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home