A Ride of Passage

From here to there and everywhere in between. So me and my brother are biking across America this summer and this is where the details will be.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Second Eagle has landed!

Nate is home. He rolled into Omaha late Monday night. So it's good to have him back home safe and sound. He headed off to Mahoney State Water Park this afternoon, much to the chagrin and jealousy of this writer. Oh well, life comes and life goes.

One of the things that Ive been reflecting on about the bike trip is just how much slower life is by bike. We have this tendency to make life move as quickly as possible, moving from meeting to meeting, lunch to home, check in with fam and run off to some other responsibility. Cell phone calls and emails, they all serve to make life that much more complicated. So now, as opposed to doing the same amount of work that we would have done in a 40 hour day 10 years ago, we do twice as much work in 60-70 hours now. Wasn't technology supposed to slow life down? But on a bike the world goes by at 10-20 miles an hour. Beautiful. I really have become more grateful and appreciative of a slow moving, simplified life. "The Simplicity of Bike Touring" thats a subject for another blog session.

I guess, in retrospect and seeing how being on crutches has slowed me down, I find myself wishing I could move faster. Maybe, crutches are a blessing? I dunno. Anywho, surgery is set for Friday the 16th at 10:00am so pray that all goes well. Needless to say, I am not really looking forward to it, similarly I am not really enjoying sitting around, biding my time until surgery either. Sigh......

peace,

matt

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Great, Nate's in! Good going, Nate! Now . . . just where is this Mahoney State Waterpark? Is it just a day outing for Nate? Or is it the destination of his next overnight on his way to the East Coast? I'm in the dark, here! (Actually - I'm in Florida, here.) Is Nate home for the summer?
I'll be praying for you and your doctors concerning your sugery, Matt. I'm praying that all will go well, and that you'll heal quickly and fully. God's will be done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home